Skipped The Heels

April 24, 2014
NOTE: Hey guys, I was just editing some of the labels in my blog awhile ago. Later I found out that an old post of mine got reposted somehow. I really don't know how that happened. :(
Hello Everyone! How are you? I want to talk about something that has been bugging my mind for a couple of days. 
When I started reading fashion blogs a few years ago I always see fashion bloggers wear heels almost everyday even if they're just going to run some errands. I salute them because I will not wear high heels for running errands, that is when you literally mean run. But as I gain knowledge with the fashion blogging "world", I realized that some of the fashion bloggers doesn't really wear high heels for the day. They say it's just for the shoot or for the outfit shots. So when I started fashion blogging, my perspective is to wear high heels or wear less flats in outfit shots to be a fashionista. In short, when I started fashion blogging my blog wasn't really unique, it's just a typical fashion blog. At that time, it's really hard to cope up with trends because I am a student and I'm in an environment where people stare at you, judge you and whisper. It's hard to wear what you want, it's hard to wear heels without even hearing people saying to you, "What are you wearing? Where are you going? Are you going to a party? Are you going to this or that? Wow, ang gara naman nakaheels. - with a murmur of giggles, it's more annoying when you hear the tone they use" I've always hated to be noticed like that. Every time that happens, my confidence drops. That's when I decided to take a break from blogging. I'm not saying that I don't like wearing heels, I love sky high heels but it's not practical in my everyday life.

Last 2012, I opened a blog again but I didn't post that much. On the year 2013, that's the only time I decided to share regularly and aim to gain more audience. The time when I took a break, I thought of aspects that would be ideal for my blog and I. I love fashion, beauty and travel, and as a student it's hard to buy new things frequently. That's where I learned the beautiful purpose of mixing pieces, and then I decided whenever I go out of the house, I will take outfit shots of my outfits as it is. So the lovely people who reads my blog will have an idea on what kind of clothing I usually wear and the lifestyle I'm in. If you notice I don't wear heels that much because it's not suitable for my everyday life. Maybe when I get a job, I think I'd be able to wear heels quite more often and I also realized that fashion isn't about how high the heels are. Its about how you wear them. That's what makes it interesting and unique. Now, I'm more confident with myself and with what I'm wearing. And I also managed to stick to the saying, "I don't care what other people think, I will wear what I want to wear".

With that being said when dressing up, I always aim for a look that is comfortable and easy to move in but still fashion-wise. Two weekends ago I attended a surprise birthday party, I opted for a look that is simple yet looks chic and gorgeous. So I chose wearing a dress, trust me you can never go wrong with dresses. It's sweet and feminine at the same time. I like how versatile this dress is, that's why I bought 2 of them in different colors. ( Another dress here ) You can wear this dress with anything you want, in my case I skipped the heels. One more thing, I finally colored my hair light again! I'm so happy! This color is light blonde. I'm going to talk about it more on my next post. 

What I'm Wearing:
Dress - Landmark
Sandals - GAP
Bag - Xoxo

P.S If some of you might have been insulted or offended with what I said, I'm sorry. It's not my intention. It's just me venting out some topic that I've been thinking for quite sometime now. Thank you. 


3 comments on "Skipped The Heels"
  1. I couldn't agree more with what you say - a lot of teen bloggers nowadays wear heels for shoots then remove it to go on with the day, and that's really impractical; fashion is not all about aesthetics. The only heels I can tolerate are creepers, and I don't think they even count as heels! Love your new hair too! The dress is also very beautiful - skater dresses can make anyone look effortlessly chic.

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress is so pretty. The color looks amazing on you!

    http://www.modifiednow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your hair color! :)

    http://style-carnival.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature